2018 Summer Program
APPLICATION (download application materials [PDF])
Welcome to the INNER-CITY FILMMAKERS 2018 Summer Program. This year marks our 25th anniversary of the ICF Summer Program, which is being offered to graduating high school seniors and college students (ages 17 - 23) who have a great desire to be in the film industry. This program is FREE to the most promising, deserving, and economically disadvantaged students in Los Angeles County. Other students may apply, but a fee will be charged. Our goal is to help students learn about the professional filmmaking process and to get work experience. Our past graduates work in the industry - building relationships, careers, and joining craft guilds.
Please make sure that your student(s) are sure that THIS is what they want to do for the summer. The ICF Summer Program is a "Boot Camp". It is VERY intense and time consuming. It is VERY important that your applicant(s) be aware of the importance of our "promise to attend" clause. We do not want to turn away other candidates to then find out that your student, who accepted a scholarship, cannot show up because he/she has other commitments.
They must include the following with their application and return these materials to you along with their completed application NO LATER than April 1.
- Transcripts for HS students grades 11 & 12. (College - student transcripts.)
- Copy of IRS Form 1040 for 2016 (family income tax report)
- Personal Resume & Short Bio
- A 2-Minute personal video
- Story Outline - a one-page description of a 3-minute silent film that they can shoot this summer for less than $25. This outline should include ONLY descriptions of what the camera sees visually - NO dialogue, and no character thought process. Please explain your story carefully.
As the Applicant's Nominator, please complete the teacher's portion of each student's application and return it to Inner-City Filmmakers NO LATER than April 8.
- May 19 Student interviews held at ICF
- May 30 Acceptance notifications sent out
- June 15 Orientation for selectees - families, friends and educators
- June 18 Classes begin
- August 16 Graduation & Screening of student films
The Inner-City Filmmakers Summer Program is a stepping-stone. We strongly recommend and encourage students to continue on to college in the fall in order to build the strong foundation they need to compete in this very competitive business.
Many thanks for your interest in Inner-City Filmmakers and for actively taking a role to help us secure the most talented and deserving students. We look forward to meeting them and celebrating together.
Fred Heinrich & Stephania Lipner