2017 Summer Program
Welcome to INNER-CITY FILMMAKERS 2017 Summer Program. This is the twentieth year that the ICF Summer Program is being offered to graduating high school seniors who have a great desire to be in the film industry. This program is FREE to the most promising, deserving, and economically disadvantaged students. Other students may also apply, but a fee will be charged. Our goal is to help them learn about professional filmmaking and get work experience. Past graduates continue to work in the industry, building relationships, careers, and joining craft guilds.
Please make sure that your student(s) are sure that THIS is what they want to do for the summer. The ICF Summer Program is very intense and time consuming. It is VERY important that your applicant(s) be aware of the importance of the "promise to attend" clause. We do not want to turn away other potential candidates to then find out that your student, who accepted a scholarship, didn't use it because he/she had something else to do.
They must include the following with their application and return these materials to you along with their completed application NO LATER than April 1st.
- Grade Transcripts for grades 9 - 12
- Copy of IRS Form 1040 for 2015 (family income tax report)
- Personal Resume & Short Bio
- 2-Minute personal video
- Story Outline - a one-page description of a 3-minute silent film that they can shoot this summer for less than $25. This should include only descriptions of what the camera sees - no dialogue and no character thought processes. Please explain story carefully.
As the Applicant's Nominator, please complete the teacher's portion of each student's application and return to ICF NO LATER than April 8th.
- May 14th to 15th - Student interviews held at ICF
- May 30th - Acceptance notifications sent out
- June 18th - Orientation held at 12:00 pm. Families and teachers of selectees welcome.
- June 20th - Classes start
- August 16th - Graduation held at the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences. Begins at 6:00 pm.
The Inner-City Filmmakers Summer Program is a stepping-stone. We strongly encourage students to continue on to college in the fall in order to build the strong foundation they need to compete in this very competitive business.
Many thanks for your interest in the Inner-City Filmmakers Program and for actively taking a role to help us secure the most talented and deserving students.
All the best,
Fred Heinrich & Stephania Lipner
Download application materials [PDF]
Interviews with applicants will be held on May 18th and 19th. Students will be notified of the time and place.